Wednesday, 15 March 2017

LONDONE: Day #1 in the Capital

February simply flew by as it always does, so when it was the morning of the first day of a 3-day visit to London, I was excited to say the least. Considering it took me about half an hour to choose the suitcase I was going to pack the night before and about 2 hours on-and-off of what outfits I would want to wear...then yes, I was excited.


It was an early start. 5.45am I woke up to finish packing, made sure I had that London look going on (I won't be heading to London anytime soon so wanted to make a lasting impression...) and set off to meet the rest of the London squad before our train left at around 8.45. Luckily, adrenaline was getting the better of me and I didn't feel THAT tired.

Trying to act nonchalant. Check end of this post for outfit details.
Photo credit to Hattie.

We arrive just after 10 and the weather was that typical end-of-winter weather: sunny and cold. Walked to the hotel, leave our bags there and we went off to wander around Oxford Street and Berwick Street, dreaming about affording luxurious fabrics and wishing for an endless amount of money for an endless shopping spree. It was good to see a street full of fabric shops as being a fashion design student, fabric becomes part of the regular shopping list. I was able to purchase half a metre of silk organza and a few little haberdashery items for my collection I'm making ATM, yet I somehow didn't buy any new clothes (don't be disappointed guys) and simply absorbed the hectic nature of the London crowd surrounded by the infamous red busses and telephone boxes. Well, with the odd one decorated here and there... All of this made me realise that I would not be able to cope living in London. I mean, I am a city girl, but I am not ready to be a capital city girl! Just the odd visit will satisfy me. This was only my second visit in my whole life to London though so maybe after a few visits I could be ready to adapt to London life.

I'll keep dreaming, I think.

If I could have this telephone box, I would.

I still dream of buying the gorgeous Alexander McQueen bag from here
After a chill in Costa (and sorting out my other uni interview date) it was time to meet in Carnaby Street under the sparkly Union Jack sign and dine for the evening at...Frankie's and Benny's. Well when it was 2 courses for £14.95 we couldn't complain. I think it was fair to say I felt well fed on the day and ready to settle into bed for the night.

As you've read this, you've probably thought that it sounded boring or that I didn't do a lot but believe me, it was a tiring day! And my memory isn't serving me well so I'll blame this blog post on that. The next day was set to be even more tiring with a visit to the V & A planned in South Kensington and whatever else we felt like doing. Here's a sneak peak at the photography involved on Londone Day #2:

And don't worry, I took a lot more photos on Day 2 and Day 3 so there will be more visuals as well. I know I am uploading this 2 weeks and a day after I was here but better late than never. Also, uni work has been getting on top of me but it's no excuse for my lack of posts really. HOWEVER, I am always uploading on my Instagram so click heeeeeerrreeeeee to follow me and keep yourself updated on my life!

LONDONE: Day #2 will be uploaded same time tomorrow night so I shall see you then!

Much love!  V A x

Outfit details:

No comments:

Post a Comment